Two brick-built cesspits, for household toilet waste, were excavated relating to No. 1 Brokers Row, now Blomfield Street. This area was well-known for furniture manufacturing and dealing. Both cesspits were in use in the 18th century, one for the Clitherows and the other for their tenants.
The objects to the left are a selection of those found in the cesspit built for the Clitherows and infilled with household rubbish when it went out of use, after about 1775. Its contents include tobacco pipes and at least 136 glass vessels, including one complete bottle, wine glasses and a near complete dwarf or short-ale glass . Ceramics were dominated by Chinese porcelain tea bowls and saucers , as well as English porcelain. Other vessels included a London tin-glazed ware plate , a white salt-glazed stoneware tankard  and a red border ware chamber pot made in the borders of Surrey and Hampshire .